Justin will be spending the next two years serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. He will be serving in the Chile, Osorno mission and teaching the people of Osorno the gospel. He will spend two months in Mexico City at the Missionary Training Center learning Spanish and being trained as a missionary. In mid August he will leave Mexico and head to Chile. We will be using this blog to post weekly emails and pictures from Justin and to keep you all updated on Justin's adventures in Chile!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Hey Yall!!!
How is it going this week, i need to step my game up with these emails, ive missed like 2 weeks! Thats my bad and im gonna not miss anopther week (dont write that down)
Well everything is well down here in Valdivia, It is getting hotttttt!!! Those people who told me in every sector in my mission i would be seeing penguins, I have a tough time imagining i will see a penguin in this heat. It has gotten real hot, I shouldve bopught more short sleeve shirts.
But it is all going well here, we are doing a lot of contacts and trying to find people. Not too much success but its coming i know the Lord will bless us! We have an investigator we have had for a long time, Elder Cleverly and I found him at the beginning of our training and me and Wlder Winward are still working with him, he has a problem with La palabra de sabidurĂ­a  and he wanted 6 months to give his stuff up but it was sweet cause he changed it and said he is gonna give it all up by december 15 and he is getting better everyday, so that is way sweet!
I cant believe it is already the last week of this cambio, Next wednesday we have cambios..... hahahah like a week before christmas! That will be crazy if i go somewhere before christmas, but if i stay sweet too! Me and my comp are working hard and looking for people!
The biggest thing i can tell you this past 2 weeks is how much i am thankful for the example of Jesus Christ and the Atonement in my life! The sacrifice he paid, to take upon himself the sins of the world is something none of us can pay back! Serving a mission for 2 years will not pay Christ back for the sacrifice he made for us, but it will help others know about his sacrifice and I know that it makes My savior and Heavenly father happy! If i can make them happy then man i must be livin the dream right?
This time of the year , everyone always says it "Focus on what really matters" I can hear alyssa and jessica saying it right now, probably talking about how we should donate all the family money that wouldve went to gifts go to a charity or soemthing, hey maybe theyll actually do it! But the point is Focus on the savior! Do something that would make him happy! If you do that, i promise you, you are doing the right thing! Apply the atonement in your life!
It is there, but we must apply it in our lives! Faith without works is dead my friends!!! Go out and do, Do as the savior did when he was on the earth! 
Love you all! Livin in a different country and tryin my best!!!
Love you!!!!!
Elder Wertner
Oh and p.s. the packages i got were so sweeeettttttt!!! means so much to me!!!!


He said its getting SO HOT in Chile!

                 Justin said he was so excited and happy to get all this candy in his packages!!

No comments:

Post a Comment