Justin will be spending the next two years serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. He will be serving in the Chile, Osorno mission and teaching the people of Osorno the gospel. He will spend two months in Mexico City at the Missionary Training Center learning Spanish and being trained as a missionary. In mid August he will leave Mexico and head to Chile. We will be using this blog to post weekly emails and pictures from Justin and to keep you all updated on Justin's adventures in Chile!

Monday, September 7, 2015

A 2 Year Camp Out

Fist off i just gotta say S/O to my cuz who heads into the MTC this week, what a stud, I know you will do awesome! And S/O to the collierville 1st ward cause the leaders are awesome, once Bryce and Chad go in thats everyone from our group!!! yall rock!!!So this week was good, started off slower but the end of the week was so awesome! 
This week I had my first inter cambio, idk what they call it in english mission but like inter switches? I dont know its where you switch for a day, I cant remember the word hahaha, but I  was with the district leader Elder Swanson and I went to his sector. It was cool to go to another sector and work, we got two people for baptism dates which was so awesome, and my Spanish got way better this week, it was awesome!! Sometimes I get a little worried about it but then I realize I havent been in the mission for super long and now I know a lot, like I can understand basically everything everyone saying. The Lord blesses us!!!
Sunday was way awesome, fasting really works! We were way blessed. Also hahahaha this sunday we woke up and like got a call about day light savings and stuff and like started freaking out cause it was after studying and we would have been late to church and church would have already started, but then I guess someone was playing a joke on us cause Chile doesnt do daylight savings anymore, they just stopped doing that haha I dont know why but I like it! so we were good and on time with church! At church we had about 4 less actives come that we have been working with which is way awesome. We were excpecting two investigators, joes and carmen, to come cause they said they would and then 10:10 came and they werent there..... then 10:20..... nope and I was just praying and they showed up at like 10:30 and it was fast Sunday and all the members were bearing their testimonies and it was so awesome!! You have no idea how happy I was when I saw them walk in, it was so awesome! Then after, like all of the ward went up and hugged and kissed them (in Chile everyone kisses on the cheek as a hello so no its not weird) and they were just so welcoming. Then jose was like yeah we are coming back every week now, hahah it was so awesome! I'm saying hahaha cause im so stoked!!! Tonight we are teaching them again so it should be good, its a huge step here when investigators or members assist church cause its not as easy as you think to assist church, some walk a couple miles in the rain to get here, so its so awesome when they come! 
Also our members and Bishop are really starting to work with us, we had ward counsel and it was awesome, our bishop was leading it and getting everyone involved and it was so awesome to see that cause thats what we have been needing and praying for and it just helps so much when you have ward members helping and buying in! 
Everything this weekend is starting to click and its awesome, now we just gotta get rid of these fleas...... just kidding mom they're fine:)
My Spanish is getting a little better each day, the Lord is blessing me, as long as I try my best and put in the effort he will do the rest and I know that is 100 percent true!!! 
Wow the food here is so good too, I love it, when a member has us over for Sunday lunches with members, nothing is better! The weather has also been way good, this morning when I woke up I didn't see my breath as much which sounds funny and you think im kidding but it was awesome, plus we got some wood for a fire! Also, thanks old man for your sleeping bag! cause its clutch and this is like a 2 YEAR CAMPOUT ITS WAY FUN!
Thanks for all of yalls examples!!! I love you all so much! Keep doing your best and remember the Lord is there every step of the way!!!

Love you All!
Love Elder Wertner

P.S. Im sending pics and yeah I still can throw it down a little!:)




No comments:

Post a Comment