Justin will be spending the next two years serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. He will be serving in the Chile, Osorno mission and teaching the people of Osorno the gospel. He will spend two months in Mexico City at the Missionary Training Center learning Spanish and being trained as a missionary. In mid August he will leave Mexico and head to Chile. We will be using this blog to post weekly emails and pictures from Justin and to keep you all updated on Justin's adventures in Chile!

Monday, October 5, 2015

Well this week was awesome, We all know why!!!! Its because it was conference weekend and it was just so awesome, I loved it! We got to watch it in English, all of the sesionas so it was way cool. 
This week all of our investigators have been progressing and it has been awesome, they came to one session of conference which was sweet, they got to hear the profeta speak! That is something we can never take for granted caue it is just so special and awesome to hear the leaders of our church speak! Also 3 new apostles, that is crazy and they are so young and gave powerful testimonies! 
I have gotten a lot out of this week, But i really have noticed how a mission is changing me and my testimony is being strengthened so much! I am not only helping convert others i am constantly converting myself, This life is tough and difficult and there are so many different distractions and different things, thats why we need to constantly be involved in this gospel, Like my good ole father says "everyday you put your head on your pillow and go to sleep, you either got better or got worse" it is the same with our testimonies and our faith, our faith is either strengthened or weakened! This is why we are given challenges and difficulties!
Not super interesting things to tell you this week, we are out here teaching the gospel and working hard, this sector has really really really progressed in the last 8 weeks, it is so awesome to see and it is truly a blessing! This week we also had zone conference with the mission and president Obeso and his wife spake and the APs and it was really good and motivating, this mission is awesome, the best mission in the world for sure! The work is progressing and it is so awesome to see! I am so proud and happy to be a missionary, It i such a short time in my life to be a missionary, 2 years isnt very long! So I am most definitley enjoying it while i can, it is so awesome to be 100 percent dedicated to the work and to the Lord, that is why we are here! 
I really loved all a lot of things in conference, but two different talks really stood out to me.......
1) Elder Holland gave a talk and Christ and mothers! Wow, I just want to say how thankful and blessed i am for my mommy! She is the kindest person ever and is always leading by example, I am so very thankful for her, she has done so much for me and his been so supportive of me no matter what i am doing! SOOO LOVE YOU MOM! 
2) Also I forgot who gave it but it was about how we should "ponderize" Which means to study and kinda memorize a scripture once a week, put it up in your house somewhere and do it, how awesome would that be! Lets try and do it for 2 years? who's in? That would be sweet i hope you all do it! 
We are so lucky to have the wonderful leaders in this church who have been called by God, The world is changing and the standards are different everyday but in the End it doesn't matter, live your faith and be an example! These callings and commandments have come by God, Not by man! Man cant change that! 
I a so blessed to be apart of this church an be where i am today in Valdivia Chile! Thanks for all of those who support me! I love you all!
Everything in here in Chile is awesome, I love it!! Thanks for the support! Keep the faith:)
Love Elder Wertnerrrrrrrrrrrrrr:)








No comments:

Post a Comment